[wisb] Re: Pelican Lake

  • From: "Kay Kavanagh" <kkav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Noel.Cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:50:34 -0500

Bob & I visited Pelican Lake on Sat around noon.  We found similar totals of
waterfowl including both scoters and the lone Long-tailed Duck that Tom
Prestby had posted from his Fri sightings.  Additions were 5 Red-necked
Grebe and 1 Hooded Merganser.  We were unable to find any Pied-billed Grebe
and only about 25 Horned Grebe.  Sure was great to see these birds inland.

Kay Kavanagh
Aurora Florence Co