[wisb] Re: Cape May Warbler, Milwaukee County

  • From: "Bob Domagalski" <rcd2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>, "Wisconsin Bird Net" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:57:09 -0600

This is a great find.  Cape May Warblers do tend to hang around longer than
many other warbler species -- but this would be only the 3rd valid winter
record for the state.  The other two are shown below.

        --  Bob Domagalski, Menomonee Falls

--  two winter records

1.  Dec. 6, 1979 - Milwaukee, John H. Idzikowski

2.  Nov. 4 to Dec. 23, 1984 - Trempealeau, Thomas Hunter