[wisb] Re: Cape May Warbler, Milwaukee County

  • From: Paul Sparks <paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:31:36 -0600

First of all, thank you to everyone who emailed me about the Cape May
Warbler. The bird returned again this morning. I saw it first in my front
yard and then it went right back to foraging in the backyard. My question is
should I provide mealworms or some other insect for it to feed on? I do have
a feeder I can use for mealworms that is normally used for Bluebirds in the
spring. Or should I just leave it be? And if anyone wants to see this bird
please email me and I can give you directions.
Paul Sparks
Glendale, Milwaukee County