[wisb] Re: CBC Rookie (and how to get started with CBCs)

  • From: "William Mueller" <iltlawas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Flores" <flores.david84@xxxxxxxxx>, "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:55:38 -0600

Dave,

Take a look at this link; it shows the CBCs and contact  information for
the compilers: http://www.wsobirds.org/wso_christmas_bird_counts.html

If you find one that is of interest and is close enough for you, contact
the compiler and they'll tell you what to do. Or just contact the Milwaukee
area compilers (Milwaukee CBC and Hales Corners CBC) on the list if you
want the closest ones.

William P. Mueller
Milwaukee
(414) 698-9108
(262) 638-0735
E-mail: iltlawas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Work e-mail: bmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On the web: http://home.earthlink.net/~iltlawas/
Blog: http://bluebirdslaugh.blogspot.com/

action. As I am under employed for another week or so, I am very interested
in volunteering for a CBC. I have never participated before in one, and I
work or sleep every moment during the weekends (Fridays-Sunday).
> So, if anyone is in need of a non-experienced CBC'er and semicompetent
birder Monday through Thursday, with promise of fantasically sexy birds and
hopefully within a couple hour drive of Milwaukee, back channel me.
> David Flores
> South Milwaukee
> P.S.
> I did a short (in the car) look for birds in Grant Park this morning,
here's what I saw (15 species).