[wisb] Re: Blue Grosbeak - Spring Green, Sauk Co.

  • From: "Josh Mayer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "wackybadger@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 15:33:41 -0700 (PDT)

That area is open as far as I am aware (I am a State Natural Area buff, which
this site is).  DNR Map
(http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/lands/naturalareas/documents/topomaps/map102.pdf) and
TNC map show no mentions of being closed
(http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/wisconsin/placesweprotect/web-map-springgreen-fact-sheet-1.pdf).

Josh
Madison, WI (Dane)

Life Bird List: http://wiscsnablog.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/lifebirds/
Flickr Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wackybadger/collections/72157639655216163/

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:51 PM, Peter A. Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

As far as I know, that IS the west unit of the Nature Conservancy's
Spring Green Preserve.  HOWEVER, to the best of my knowledge, it is
closed to public access.  So if anyone goes out there, please do not go
off the road unless or until we find out otherwise.

Peter Fissel
Wisbirdn Admin
Madison WI