[wisb] Blue Grosbeak - Spring Green, Sauk Co.

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wis Birdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 12:55:41 -0500

I found a male Blue Grosbeak today a couple miles NW of Spring Green at the
very north end of Pearl Road.  It was singing from the small oak trees to
the east of the road and would occasionally fly up into a row of large
pines giving some great views.
I believe that the land at the end of Pearl Road is owned by Nature
Conservancy and is part of the Spring Green Preserve.  If someone has more
information about this property and what kind access is allowed I would be
interested in finding this out.

Aaron Holschbach
Arena
Iowa County