[wisb] Re: Blue Grosbeak - Spring Green, 4 years?

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdsready@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:19:19 -0500

I agree with Pat that there is obviously some history with Blue Grosbeaks
in the Spring Green area.  I saw a male (and likely a female) at the Spring
Green Preserve on July 14th 2007.  I tried relocating these birds that
summer but without any luck.  My next sighting was a first year male at the
preserve on June 5th 2009 and I recall that other people also found Blue
Grosbeaks on the preserve that year.  Then in 2013 multiple people found at
least one male at the preserve (I missed this bird on multiple attempts).
So including this year there would be history of Blue Grosbeaks in the area
going on at least 8 years.  It will be interesting to see if nesting can be
confirmed this year.
Aaron Holschbach
Arena