[wisb] Blue Grosbeak: Spring Green Thurs. Morn.

  • From: Douglas Stratton <stratton.douglas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birding On The Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:22:45 -0500

Sorry for the late post.  Found the blue grosbeak yesterday (thurs) morning
at 7:30 am. (June12)  about 15 minutes after arriving (north end of Pearl
road), saw for a couple of minutes, then it flew to the north and not seen
again for the next 45 minutes I was there.  It seems to be working the area
between the line of about 10 large pines heading east from the parking area
and then north across the large field with lots of small trees and brush
and then going up to the wooded hills. While I was watching, it flew up to
the top of one of the pines and sang for a minute, then left.  I was able
to grab a very short video (with singing) . It is at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/chemteacher60/14225742020/

--
Doug Stratton
Onalaska, La Crosse County