[wisb] Black-capped Chickadee digging a nest hole today, short video, Waukesha Co

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 16:35:04 -0600

Greetings,

I stood up a dead Birch tree limb in the yard for a perch last fall. The
Black-capped Chickadees here in the yard are digging 3 nesting holes in it
now. All 3 holes in the side of this limb are about 6 inches deep when you
look down into the openings. I took a short video this morning to share
some of their hard work. The video may or may not run smooth depending upon
your connection.

Black-capped Chickadee link:

*
https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/BlackCappedChickadeeDiggingANestHoleWaukeshaCo242012#5705360386340792626