[wisb] Re: Birding Camera

  • From: Karen Grade <karen.grade@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, alschirmacher@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:39:08 -0800 (PST)

I bought the Nikon P500 this year for $425. It is one of the power zoom
cameras and has an optical zoom of 36X and the image stabilizer built right
into it.  I turn the digital part off and only use the optical, because like
you, I am just starting out and haven't bought a tripod yet and still learning.
I get pretty good pics for a beginner on it and am happy.  I'm not sure about
bursts but if I put it in the sports mode on a sunny day I can capture birds in
flight. Look into this one, they are kind of hard to find and I got mine at
Ritz' camera store at Bayshore.
Karen