[wisb] Re: Belated Tundra Swans

  • From: Karen Etter Hale <chimneyswift1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:36:44 -0600

Jim heard swans going over at 4 this morning.  Then, when I was out
shoveling at 9:20 a.m., I saw 70 go over, very high and very white
against that brilliant blue sky.  20 more flew over at 1:45, then a HUGE
flock of about 125 at 2:20 p.m. and 50 more at 2:35. All of the swans
were up very high and all were heading due east.

I also saw a single adult bald eagle over the house this morning and 3
flocks of sandhills (more than 170 total) circling overhead midday.

It was a great day to be out.

Karen Etter Hale
Lake Mills
NW Jefferson Co.