[wisb] 17 warblers - Bayfield County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:09:43 -0600

Awesome
 morning at my house in Washburn, Bayfield County as I saw my first
significant songbird migration of the year. Had 231 warblers of 17
species, including Blackpoll, Cape May, many Tennessees, Wilson's,
Canada, and more. Also great flycatcher
diversity highlighted by Olive-sided and several Yellow-bellieds, and
overhead migration of Cedar Waxwings, Red-winged Blackbirds, Solitary
Sandpiper, and others. Had 100+ Common Nighthawks near dawn and they
were the highest I've ever seen - barely visible with binocs. Warblers
were non-existent at 6am, started coming in off Lake Superior at 6:20am,
 continued flying in to 7:20am, and then began foraging along sunlit
forest edges. Full eBird list of all 52 species at
http://ebird.org/ebird/wi/view/checklist?subID=S14987252Photo of adult male
Golden-winged Warbler:
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/151963969

Ryan Brady