[wisb] 12/10 Presentation on Winter Birds & CBC's:Grant Park SE Milw Co.

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:56:58 EST

Hi All.  We - the Friends of Grant Park -  were somehow able to secure a
(shockingly) available Bill Mueller who'll bring  his excellent Power Point
presentation of "Wisconsin Birds in Winter: What We’ve  Learned from the CBCs"
 I look forward to this, as it seems like a perfect  way to christen the
Christmas Bird Count season.  Only, we won't be outside  trying to keep our
teeth from chattering while counting thousands of Scaup (for  instance); we'll
be inside with a roaring fire in the Grant Park Clubhouse  fireplace,
surrounded by seasonal decorations and plenty of cookies,  decaf, and cider.

Please consider joining us on Thursday  evening (this week!) December 10 at
6pm.  Bill's talk begins at  approximately 6:20 or thereabouts after we
give folks a chance to socialize, get  their snacks, and view avian photos that
some of our fine and skilled webfolk  will be bringing to display.  In
fact, if you plan to come, and have some  nice photos for viewing, please bring
them along (on a board or matted if you  wish).

Grant Park is on the Southeast side of Milwaukee County in  South
Milwaukee. The Golf Course Clubhouse is located at the east end of  Hawthorne
Avenue,
overlooking Lake Michigan.  From South Lake Drive, one  would turn
left/east on Hawthorne, which happens also to be the southernmost  reach of
Lake
Drive.  For  directions:
http://milwaukee.citysearch.com/profile/map/11000125/south_milwaukee_wi/gran
t_park.html

We  hope to do an Owl Prowl on the golf course afterwards if I can get a
decent  recorder and speakers in time!!!

Please let me know if you have  questions.  Look forward to seeing some of
you on Thursday.  Free will  donations gladly accepted but not necessary,
and bring some snacks if you'd care  to share..

Betsy Abert, South Milwaukee, SE Milw. Co.