[wineeg] Re: BrainTune hometrainer

  • From: Joe Siri Ekgren <joesiri@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wineeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:39:48 +0100

>Hi Joe,
>
>I guess you were waiting for my question regarding the HomeTrainer!
>
>Ok then, what does it mean when I do not register anything on the screen?
>I tried on two different computers.  One registered a bit of noise, but the
>other
>was completely quiet.  Everything seemed to be hooked up properly - at leas=
>as I have done previously.

>I even checked the batteries which seemed to be
>fine.
>
>You can add to the question since you were there and saw the problem with
>your own eyes!

The BrainTuner is in need of a troubleshooting guide, since the
hardware diagnostics are somewhat limited.

I stopped by Jonelle last evening in Bergen, and tried to find out
why the BrainTuner software wouldn=B4t pick up EEG signals.

The BrainTuner seems to work ok in the standalone mode.
        -batteries OK
        -display works
        -buzzes when the impedance is too high
        -display meters shift in value, so it looks like it is working

Changing the com ports produced an "Amp not connected" error message
in BrainTune software, so the software does recognize the unit.

The software started a drawing a learning curve so it is  picking up
something even if it is just noise.

How about the gain? If the gain is very high, the line will look
flat. I don=B4t think we got as far as testing this before I had to
catch my train.

BTW does the BrainTuner have a calibration file, like WinEEG?

--
Joe
Få den nye Yahoo! Messenger på http://no.messenger.yahoo.com/