[windows2000] Re: windows2000 Digest V3 #313

  • From: CSchwab@xxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:18:12 -0400

Gunnar,

        I actually have 3 nic's on my Windows 2000 server, but I use
teaming software so they all appear to be one network ip address. It's
easy to setup using Intel PROSet that should be in your control panel. Get
the most current version free from Intel site. Setup the team and
configure using the IP address and options you want.

Clint

Clinton A Schwab
Network Administrator
CPAC, Inc.
Phone: 585-382-2331
Fax: 585-382-2391
mailto:cschwab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/01/2004 06:55 AM
Please respond to
windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

windows2000 digest users <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
windows2000 Digest V3 #313

------------------------------------
windows2000 Digest               Thu, 01 Jul 2004                Volume:

In This Issue:
                 #1:             From: "Berger, Gunnar"
<GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
                                 Subject: [windows2000] Two Nics - One
Server

Msg: #1 in digest
Subject: [windows2000] Two Nics - One Server
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:17:49 -0400
From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>

I just put a second NIC inside of one of my 2000 servers.  However now =
people can't get to the shares on that server.  I think the network is =
confused as to what NIC is hosting the share.  As I see in the Event Log =
that there is an error stating the computer name is already in use.  I =
want people to be able to use the share from one card only the second =
card is for administration use.  Does anyone know how to disable the =
second card from being used for certain things?

Gunnar

End of windows2000 Digest V3 #313

This Weeks Sponsor

Celebrating 35 years - 2004
A Rewarding Past...A Promising Future
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please