[windows2000] Re: windows2000 Digest V3 #313

  • From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:50:19 -0400

Not sure if that would help.  I'm using the server at a branch office. That
office has two subnets, one for data and one for a VoIP solution.  All I need
that second card for is to make programing changes on the VoIP system from time
to time.  This morning that NIC tired to take over the server because I set it
up wrong.  Now that it is second on the list the first NIC which is in the
correct subnet is in charge.

I wouldn't mind using that Intel stuff on my Citrix servers though, or my NAS.

Gunnar

                #1:                 From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
                                 Subject: [windows2000] Two Nics - One Server

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:17:49 -0400
From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>

I just put a second NIC inside of one of my 2000 servers.  However now =
people can't get to the shares on that server.  I think the network is =
confused as to what NIC is hosting the share.  As I see in the Event Log =
that there is an error stating the computer name is already in use.  I =
want people to be able to use the share from one card only the second =
card is for administration use.  Does anyone know how to disable the =
second card from being used for certain things?

Gunnar

End of windows2000 Digest V3 #313

This Weeks Sponsor