[windows2000] Re: Two Nics - One Server

  • From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:50:37 -0400

thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Sullivan, Glenn [mailto:GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 7:46 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Two Nics - One Server

At the server, at the command line, run:

Ipconfig /registerdns

You may want to delete the incorrect records first.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Berger, Gunnar
Posted At: Thursday, July 01, 2004 7:18 AM Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: Two Nics - One Server
Subject: [windows2000] Two Nics - One Server

I just put a second NIC inside of one of my 2000 servers.  However now
people can't get to the shares on that server.  I think the network is
confused as to what NIC is hosting the share.  As I see in the Event Log
that there is an error stating the computer name is already in use.  I
want people to be able to use the share from one card only the second
card is for administration use.  Does anyone know how to disable the
second card from being used for certain things?

Gunnar