[windows2000] Two Nics - One Server

  • From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HELP (E-mail)" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:17:49 -0400

I just put a second NIC inside of one of my 2000 servers.  However now people
can't get to the shares on that server.  I think the network is confused as to
what NIC is hosting the share.  As I see in the Event Log that there is an
error stating the computer name is already in use.  I want people to be able to
use the share from one card only the second card is for administration use.
Does anyone know how to disable the second card from being used for certain
things?

Gunnar