[windows2000] Re: Windows2000 pro installation error (with LSILogic - LSIU160 scsi card and IBM 36G DDY-T36950M scsi HD)

  • From: Bing-Hung Chen <bhchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:42:07 +0800

Hi, Chris:

Ok, I've followed your instruction - however, it gave me the following
error after all.
Here's what I did.

1. Downloaded and unzipped the most updated dos driver from LSI Logic's
website onto floppy.
2. Copies all files from the \I386 folder onto HD
3. Booted up with Win98 startup disk (w/ smartdrv)
4. Went through the first phase of Win2k installation ok; hit Enter to
restart the system
5. When prompted, hit F6 to install 3rd party driver
At first, it showed that no available driver for unknown SCSI card could
be detected;
Then, hit 'S' and inserted the floppy disk;
However, the error message returned by stating "couldn't find the
txtsetup.owm file";
After removing the floppy disk and hitting Enter, the system paused for
a while;
Then, the most famouse blue death screen showed up - saying couldn't
find the device, and the entire system simply froze there... :-(
6. Here's what I found in that LSI Logic (LSIU160) floppy disk should
you be curious
. ASPI8XX.SYS
. CONFIG.SYS
. DOS.TXT
. INSTALL.EXE
. INSTALL.TXT
. INTRO.TXT
. LEGAL.TXT
. README.TXT
. SYMCD.SYS
. SYMDISK.SYS
. Z_8XX.DAT

BTW, I've threaded my WinME CD already.. :-)
Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
BHC

--
Bing-Hung Chen  (³¯¬±§»), Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow

National Tsing-Hua University
School of Life Science, Dept. Life Science
Hsin-Chu, TAIWAN 300
http://www.nthu.edu.tw, http://life.nthu.edu.tw/

http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=79