[windows2000] Re: Windows 2003 Terminal Services Licensing

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:46:20 -0400

If I remember right, the temp token is handed out first. Then, if they
return, the temp token is turned into a regular token if any are
available.

Any regular token not reused in a specific time period (I think it is
30-60 days) is reclaimed.

If no regular token is available, the client can continue on the temp
and it will keep checking until a regular one is available.

There is a KB article somewhere that explains this better.  I don't have
it off the top of my head but I am sure you can find it on thethin.net.

Greg