[windows2000] Re: VB6: Getting a "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" error message, and cannot figure out why

  • From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:37:32 -0400

Can you resolve the SQL Server by name, if that's how the app is connecting?
Is the SQL connection string available for you to view?  Does it use a
trusted connection to the SQL server passing that person's NT account
credentials?  Or does the application specify a SQL login?  Either way, does
the user connecting to SQL have rights to the database still, and is the
account, if it's an NT account, not locked out or disabled?

Ray at home