[windows2000] Re: Unnecessary services

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:06:23 -0800

From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Yes, I've never found net send to be very reliable anyways.

Eh?  I use it all day every day with lots of success.  As a matter of
fact, the messenger service helped me buy my first home, as I used the
messenger service to flirt with our webmaster with whom I later built a
house.  :]  What do you find unreliable?  One thing I guess I could say
is a bit flakey is the message length limit with net sending * or
/domain or whatever.  The message just gets truncated without anything
telling you that.  At least if you try to net send a single recipient
and the message is too long, net.exe crashes and gives you a clue.

Ray at work

Hmm, guess there are still some broken things here even after cleaning up for the last two years from the previous idiot. I've found that when I try send a message to everyone that only some people get it, and it can have wierd timing delays. Still, now that we have our own Jabber server, we don't really need it anyways.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." --Darth Vader

From the hottest toys to tips on keeping fit this winter, you?ll find a range of helpful holiday info here. http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx