[windows2000] Re: Unable to connect to domain

  • From: "Mark Lane" <marklanemail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:05:08 -0500

Can you ping your DC by name?  By IP?  Can your DC ping your member server?
Try changing cable or switchport.  Sometimes it is not the NIC.  Do you have
a nightly cleaning crew?  I have known them to accidentally unhook things
and try to fix it themselves by plugging into the wrong port, etc.  Green
light is often a link light, and there is often another that flashes for
activity.  Sounds like you have no activity.