[windows2000] Re: Unable to connect to domain

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 07:54:29 -0700 (PDT)

Did you reboot? Check to see that you didn't accidently delete or change the
password on one of the accounts you use to connect to various services.  Go to
each of the services and set up a new account to use and see if things clear up.
JK

Ron Leach <rleach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good Morning List,

We have a simple small business network.  One domain controller, one member
server (accounting & bookkeeping) and ~25 workstations.  Windows 2000 Server
with Win2k & Win XP clients.

I come in this morning and I start receiving complaints that users cannot print
jobs from the printer that is installed on the member server.  Upon
investigating a little further I find that the backup job on the same member
server failed.  The reason being that the user?s logon account for the backup
service was rejected.  Event log states that ?No domain controller could be
contacted??  I know that this is not correct because everyone can login,
connect to network shares (on the dc) and print (printers installed on the dc).

No dns changes have been made. The only other event that was different was that
we installed an ODBC driver on the member server yesterday.  I have since
removed it.  I?m beginning to wonder if the nic has gone bad???  It has a green
status light but?

I tried disjoining the member server from the domain and re-joining but now it
says it does not recognize the domain name.

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Ron