[windows2000] Re: Unable to connect to domain

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:52:45 -0500

Can you ping the member server from another workstation? If not that
points to some kind of wiring/nic/switch problem.
or

Was your domain controller restarting last night (windows update?) when
the backup was to happen and unavailable to the backup program to
validate the name?
Everyone can login now but maybe not last night when the backup job
tried to run.

Before you disjoined the server, could the server communicate with the
rest of the network?

Doug