[windows2000] Re: Sniffing

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:29:30 -0500

The sniffer on hub would see any packets on the link it is attached to.
This means traffic both from and to the target device (the PC in the
original question, or the firewall as suggested by Mark Lee).

If you configure the switch instead, whether you need to be on a "special
port" may be switch dependent - I'm not sure.  You have to RTFM (which is
why the hub solution is appealing.  Who wants to R, let alone try to find
the M?)

Timothy R. Mangan  - Founder, TMurgent Technologies

tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx  www.tmurgent.com  (+1)781.492.0403

  _____