[windows2000] SV: Re: SUS

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:17:35 +0200

Only half true.

The best way to do is it to assign the SUS klient software to the computers you
are going to manage, trough the same AD policy as you configure SUS. (The MSI
files are preconfigured and ready for AD deployment.

This way a pre-sp3 computer starts up, gets the client and the configuration,
and the first download would be the latest servicepack.

By doing it like this, you eliminate the need for SP1(XP) and SP3(2000).

Mvh
Svein Arild