[windows2000] Re: SUBST error

  • From: Mark Cook <mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:49:50 +0100

Well unless I'm mistaken SUBST is only designed to be used with Local
Physical Drive mapping issues and NOT UNC paths!  SUBST /? Returns the
following

Associates a path with a drive letter.

SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]
SUBST drive1: /D

  drive1:        Specifies a virtual drive to which you want to assign a
path.
  [drive2:]path  Specifies a physical drive and path you want to assign to
                 a virtual drive.
  /D             Deletes a substituted (virtual) drive.

Type SUBST with no parameters to display a list of current virtual drives.

For UNC you should be using NET USE !