[windows2000] Re: Raid5 on WinXP

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:12:22 +0200

Actually I'm file sharing a handful of flavours of CentOS. I need Windows on
this particular machine.

FWIW, I started a checkdisk yesterday before I left for home, on the raid
array and windows found and corrected a few file errors. This morning all
seems good so far. Will see if the errors reappear soonish.

I can't spend all that money on a raid card as I just got approved to buy a
new portable for myself to use as a admin backup computer for my stationary,
after years of using obsolete hand-me-down laptops from the senior staff. You
only get so far with a P3... 8-/

--
/Sorin