[windows2000] Re: RES: Re: What is "Authenticated Users"?

  • From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:43:48 -0400

Maybe it has to do with the difference between anonymous users and
authenticated users.  I do not know exactly what is meant by anonymous
users; I just remember seeing something about anonymous browsing in the
online security tester thing on MS's site.  And this didn't have
anything to do with IUSR accounts or anything like that.  It's a
different kind of anonymous.  (That's not anonymous anyway.)

Someone claimed the other day that the guests group is not part of
Everyone, but I don't agree with that.  The way I figure it, Everyone is
everyone you can find my searching in all available objects, like a
domain, other domains, and the local machine.  But, again, then what the
hell is the difference between that and authenticated users?  Damn!
Someone knows!

Ray at home