[windows2000] Re: File and Print Sharing Remote Installation

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:34:55 -0400

Assuming we are talking remote users within a domain, use a login script.
But since you are going to do that, instead of having each workstation open
up a share, just have the script pull down the file from one central share
instead.

If it is something that might change, the workstation login script should
pull down a script from the share, and then execute it on the workstation.
The central script pulled down should be smart enough to check to see if it
needs to do an action (like file dates) before executing.

tim