[windows2000] Re: OT: (sort of) Adding NT4.0WS to 2000 domain

  • From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:02:09 -0500

I'm not disagreeing.  I just wanted to be proud out loud.  ;]

There are some good uses for WINS.

1.  We use WINS for our intranet resolution instead of DNS.  Why?
Because if people go to ourintranet.ourdomain.com, IE puts them in the
INTERNET zone.  We have security settings set a specific way in the
intranet and the Internet zones, and if they wind up at our intranet
without the right settings, some things won't work the way we want them
to, like "click here for your automatic Client Access update" which will
create a "WS" file on the client.

2.  Um, I forget.

Ray at home