[windows2000] Re: OT - XP SP2 issue.......?

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <cruggeri1220@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:30:03 -0600

Thanks Drew,

I was going to wipe this clean as soon as I finish doing all the testing I
need to do on it...of course...curiosity getting the best of me as to what
caused it.

 Chris

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Ruggeri

Have SP2( candidate 2) on one machine as a test in our network. I have
seen slower logons...almost as if DNS is not properly configured...but
it seems as though its just network connectivity is slow... and was
wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar or if I need to
look
elsewhere?

1 wireless and one 10/100NIC - tested with both enabled...and one or
the
other disabled. DNS, WINS both configured on both NICS.

stripped out any non-essential products from loading @ startup.

Tested multiple network logons(more than once) with same results.
Local
logon works fine....also...if you choose just to log off and then back
on...everything works just as you would expect.