[windows2000] Re: OT: SMART with harddrives

  • From: "Jeff Stockard" <jstockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:55:52 -0400

If you look at the original post he asked how the drive could have 6
years of "power on" time.  In the additional information, he said it was
a Maxtor 300 GB drive.  I don't think you could buy one of those in
1998.
I would have to guess that Diskcheckup gave you some bad information.
You may need to ask them where their software gets this kind of faulty
information also.
That is the only answer I know of.
Hope this helps
Jeff.