[windows2000] OT: Hard Drive

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:55:38 -0700

Have a hard drive that I think is defective. (again)   I'm not certain
though, thus this message. :-)

At first I thought it was something that Vista did because that is when
i first noticed it when I was running Vista. The hard drive would spin
down for no apparent reason. I would fire up XP and it wouldn't do
that.

However, of late, the drive sometimes don't spin up enough to be
recognized by the BIOS during startup. I have to restart the computer
once, and sometimes more than once in order to have it recognized. I was
thinking it might be a power thing, but I feel I have ruled that out.

So I'll probably wiped it and RMA it. Any thoughts?

When a computer dies, does it see a blue screen?