[windows2000] Re: OT Groupwise

  • From: "Drew S" <drew2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:01:18 -0400

Holy crap, that can?t be good.

I believe that GroupWise *can* send things as redirection (to make them
appear as though they have come from her boss, etc), but I?ve not played
around with the client or server enough to know terribly much about that.

I do know that it should NOT be happening? GroupWise?s forwarded e-mails
look much the same as Outlook?s ? they all come from the most recent sender,
not the first originator.

As for delegation? GroupWise uses ?proxying? instead of delegation? I?m
actually more familiar with GroupWise than Outlook in that specific respect.
There should be a little icon in the lower left hand corner of her GroupWise
client? if she clicks on it, she will either be able to chose from a list of
people that she is allowed to proxy as (if she has already done that
before), or she will be able to type in the mailbox (userID) of the person
that she wants to access. If you have clicked on someone else?s name, and
are looking at their mail, any mail that you compose will be sent as THEM
instead of as yourself. It is very possible that this is happening.

Oh, and GroupWise *DOES* have a ?Sent Items? folder ? though it may not
necessarily be by that name; it is by default, but that can be changed
easily. It should be listed on the left side of the client, with her
folders? if she doesn?t see folders, like Trash, Sent Items, Inbox,
Calendar, etc., she needs to turn on folder view, though the ?View? menu (as
best I can recall).

I?m a dedicated MS guy? if MS makes a product, I generally use it. We use
both NetWare (with ZenWorks) and Active Directory in our district? we
netadmins believe that neither product is alone superior to the other? so we
combine them. We do, however, use only GroupWise for mail services?
Exchange, when attempted, was nothing but headaches. Quite a few of our
associate companies and districts are moving to GroupWise.

Drew