[windows2000] OT Groupwise

  • From: "M. Mahnkey" <mm242@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:22:34 -0700

Perhaps one of you kind alpha admins can give ol' Mark a hand.

I have a friend who recently started working at UW Physicians, and they use
GroupWise.--WTF, they are a gub'mint agency, eh?

I do not know this product, but when she forwards me important emails (read
jokes), it shows it is from the person who originally sent the joke to her,
rather than from her.

In other words, she could forward a message from her boss, replace the text
with some flame, and send it to her bosses boss, looking like it came from
someone else.  I told her to look in her "sent items", to get a clue, but I
guess GroupWise does not have that folder??????  She says she does not have it.

Like I said, I know nothing of GroupWise.  And she is clueless.  But, it is
probably not a good idea to risk having email she sends look like it comes from
her boss, instead of her.

Is there a simple answer to why this happens?  I asked about delegates, and if
she has both accounts set up on her machine, but since I am an Outlook guy, I
don't know where to look for that.

Help, please, and gracias in advance.

Mark