[windows2000] Boots just to reboot automatically

  • From: "Ed" <elf@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Win2000" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:03:46 -0700

Win XP Home computers (2)

Computer boots and starts Win XP Home...see the little graphic bar goes
across the screen (normal)..then when normally the login prompt is presented
(or when login prompt is not used - auto login in case and suppose to bring
up the desktop), the computer goes into a hard reboot automatically.

I can go into the BIOS setup - all looks normal
I try to boot from Norton CD, it boots but then locks up computer after I
select boot to emergency repair.
I try to boot from Win2000Pro CD, it boots then locks up right before the
message that setup is inspecting your computer.
I try to boot from a DOS floppy created at a Win98 machine. Get the Window
98 Boot disk message then it locks up.
I unplug all the hard drives (2), try a clean made Win98 dos boot disk. Same
as above.
I unplug all the hard drives (2), try to boot. Get message stating no boot
disk found.

Anybody got any clues?

Apparently, I can not even access the hard drive to reformat. But I need to
save the files there. I might be able to put the hard disk into another
working computer as a second or third hard drive. The format or look at the
contents. However, I do not want to infect a working system.

Yes, I have pulled the 2 systems from the network.

Thanks for an replies.

Eduard L. Frerking
Captain Jason M. Dahl School
San José, CA 95111