[windows2000] Re: OT: FCC to Allow Wireless Access on Planes

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:18:41 +0100

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:51:11 +0000, Dogers wrote:

>> >Great.  Now all someone has to do is invent a super-battery that can power a
>> >laptop for 15 hours so I don't have to have a 400 pound carry-on bag loaded
>> >up with laptop batteries.  I hate battery technology, which seems to still
>> >be stuck in 1912.
>>
>> I second that!
>>
>> And what happened to those promising 10hrs/deciliter methanol
>> laptop fuel-cells, that toshiba and/or sharp spoke so much about a
>> year or so ago?
>
>Last I heard, they were banned from planes - they dont let you take
>petrol on, so why let you take methanol on? :)

Well, chemically methanol is not that different from ethanol, and
ethanol they do sell on the plane, as you may know. So one might
argue whether they ban mosquitoes and stop camels, or some such to
use a slightly twisted metaphor. 8-)

>I believe theyre waiting for approval by FCC also?

Have they had to get FCC approval for selling liquors onboard too?

BW,

Sorin