[windows2000] Re: OT: FCC to Allow Wireless Access on Planes

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:03:32 -0800 (PST)

Nasa has had the technologie and has had batteries running for decades...the
industry wouldn't allow it..they are made to go bad so they can sell more.  I
used to work at NASA Glenn where they did lifetime testing on batteries. I
worked on the data collectors and control room equipment there and had to
calibrate the things. They would have a FIT if any of the equipment went down
as it ruined their test and they had to start all over.

Same concept with gasoline powered engines in cars.
JK

Ray at work <> wrote:
Great. Now all someone has to do is invent a super-battery that can power a
laptop for 15 hours so I don't have to have a 400 pound carry-on bag loaded
up with laptop batteries. I hate battery technology, which seems to still
be stuck in 1912.

Ray at work