[windows2000] Re: OT: Arguments for a bigger monitor

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:08:03 +0200

Ray Costanzo <> scribbled on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:30 AM:

I'm running 1600x1200 now and I'm thinking that if I could increase that to
say 1900x1200 I would increase my width. With like eg
http://www.dustin.se/DacsaPortal/?ProdID=5010112199. The height is not really
an issue for me, it's those long line of code that bugs me. Sure I could use a
"wrap long lines"-feature,but for me that means I also loose overview when
lines run together with the one below or above.

My current 22" CRT I use at work, can run at 1600x1200 at the most with a
reasonable sweeping frequency (85-100Hz), so I can't increase the rez either
without making things too small on the screen. Increasing the width to around
1900pix and getting a bigger monitor seems just right for me.

I do see your point though. I got a new flatscreen for home A Fujitsu,
http://www.dustin.se/DacsaPortal/?ProdID=5010123558, and while this monitor is
slightly wider than the 19" CRT (which I ran at 1600x1200) I had before, the
Fujitsu is also 200pixels lower in the height department. I kinda' miss those
pixels in gaming, but heck, it was cheap! Wifey is happy with my old 19" CRT
though. 8-)