[windows2000] Re: Networking

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:54:06 -0500

Are you manually specifying your TCP/IP configuration on your two
machines?  I mean, you shouldn't have to, but it can't hurt.  Try doing:

Computer 1
IP:  192.168.0.45
Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0
Gateway:  192.168.0.1
DNS:  192.168.0.1 (or your ISP's DNS)

Computer 2
IP:  192.168.0.45
Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0
Gateway:  192.168.0.1
DNS:  192.168.0.1 (or your ISP's DNS)

I'm assuming that your router defaulted to 192.168.0.1 for its LAN IP
address.

Ray at work