[windows2000] Re: Networking

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:45:37 -0500

How are you trying to access them?  Through network neighborhood, or through
a UNC?

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

From: John Svendsen [mailto:svimen@xxxxxxxxxx]=20

I have 2 pc's here - One with WinXP Pro, and one with Win2000Pro...

The problem is that I cannot connect to either of the pc's from the
other ;(

I have tried with file/print sharing both on and off on both pc's and
with/without firewall, but no luck so far... It's annoying to move the
files between them on a disk ;)

And both have of course the same workgroupname....

The message I get is: Cannot connect to 'workgroupname'

Any suggestions ???

--
John Svendsen
www.svimen.com