[windows2000] Moving computer object in AD after sysprep query

  • From: Anthony Abraham <AABRAHAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:50:27 +1100

Hi

Im creating a new Windows 2000/XP SOE for 1000 users and am looking at a way
of automating it so after syspreping (and deploying via Ghost), it autologs
on and runs a script so the computer object is moved into the relevant
folder in AD on first logon.  By default it goes to a wks AD OU. We have 2
OU's, desktop and notebook under the wks OU.  I was thinking of creating an
environment variable to distinguish desktops and notebooks and using some
kind of script that interrogates it and puts the computer object into the
relevant OU (ie desktops go to the desktop OU).

Has anyone done this after sysprep runs?? - what tools/methods are best in
doing this.  RIS can do this (as it asks for the OU destination) but RIS is
quite slow in comparison to Ghost

Thanks
Anthony
NOTICE
The information in this email and or any of the attachments may contain;
a. Confidential information of Credit Union Services Corporation (Australia)
Limited (CUSCAL) or third parties; and or
b. Legally privileged information of CUSCAL or third parties; and or
c. Copyright material of CUSCAL or third parties.
If you are not an authorised recipient of this email, please contact CUSCAL
immediately by return email or by telephone on 61-2-8299 9000 and delete the
email from your system.
We do not accept any liability in connection with computer virus, data
corruption, interruption or any damage generally as a result of transmission of
this email.