[windows2000] More on : Printer IP address assignment in routed environment

  • From: "Ibrahim, Mustafa" <Mustafa.Ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:53:24 -0400

If you got routed/subneted network and you want to assign static IPs to all
your network printers, how would you do it. In the past we used Jet direct
cards and Jet direct management console to map Mac address to static IPs. This
way when printers are rest they would not lose the IP settings.

How can I have all my printers assigned static IPs, and make sure they don't
lose settings upon hard/soft reset, i.e. if powered down or disconnected?

Thanks very much in advance

Mustafa