[windows2000] Re: M Drive full

  • From: "Dennis Appelboom" <dennis.appelboom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:26:35 +0100

Hi Ron,

Before I start, I would like to say that you should have post this
message on an exchange newsgroup rather than this newsgroup.

Having said that, here is some information:

First of all, the M drive is a virtual drive. There is no fixed size on
it, so it will grow or shrink whenever needed.

If you open the exchange manager, expand administrative groups --> first
admin. Gr. --> servers --> <your server name> --> First storage group
--> right-click on mailbox store 1 --> properties --> database tab......
here you will find the location of your exchange database that actually
stores all the mail...OK, now you know the drive it is on....Does it
have enough disk space????

And if you have multiple stores, check them as well.

More important (or: Most important) : Be sure not to backup the M
drive!!! This will cause severe problems. By backing up the exchange
database, you have everything you need. The M drive is just a viewable
version of that database.

Looking at the error that you added to the message:

It looks like the "exchange domain servers" group can no longer be
found. I hope it's not deleted.

Alls exchange servers are a member of this group, and I wouldn't know
what would happen when it's removed......but I don't think it's a good
thing.

My 2 eurocents....

Regards,

Dennis Appelboom