[windows2000] Re: Why aren't some system DLLs being copied, during installation of SP4?

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:55:37 -0800

I had a similar problem applying SP4 on an SP2 Windows 2000 Laptop.  I don't
know that this will apply to your situation, but this machine had DB2, SQL
Server, and Oracle on it, and the database systems were fighting for each
other's resources, in addition to trying to apply the Service Pack over the
DLLs in question.  It ended up, I had to turn off *all* unnecessary
services, particularly those related to the databases.  Give that a shot,
and see if you can get it to work.

Jennifer