[windows2000] Re: IPSec

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:52:35 -0500

This sounds like the ultimate solution.  I want to have full access and
block everyone else's, and although it's infrequent, my IP address at
home does change from time to time.  I figured I'd have to open up
everything to our firewall at work too, and whenever my home IP address
changed, I'd have to come to work, connect to my server, and update my
home IP address to allow it.

How do I get certificates?  Can't I create my own?  Is it along the same
lines of digitally signing programs?  I know that I can create my own
unverified digital signatures, and while I get a warning that there is
no trusted certificate authority, it'll still work.  So, can I do that?
This goes quite a few steps beyond what I know.

Thanks a lot,

Ray at work

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com