[windows2000] Re: IPSec

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:19:35 -0500

Yes,
I use IPSec IP Filtering on my web server. I block all incoming ports except
port 80. Get to IP Security Filtering by going to your Local area connection
properties, Internet Protocol, click on the properties button, then click on
the advanced button on the IP screen.
Then click on the options tab and highlight TCPIP Filtering and click on the
properties button. Check the box to enable IP Filtering and only allow the
ports incoming that you want  people to access.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net