[windows2000] Re: Group Policy

  • From: "Lane, Mark" <MDL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:23:23 -0500

If I am understanding you correctly, you can set security on individual
applications set through group policy.  Right-click and choose properties
when viewing your list of applications in your GPO.  Use your A and B
security groups to control deployment.  Another effective option is to
modify NTFS permissions on the installation files.  Even if an app is
assigned through GPO, the app is only deployed if NTFS permissions exist on
the .msi files.